Shit. All 76 fans at the game were going bananas after that DC United win. One own goal by el capitan is the difference. LOSS 0-1.
What is it about DC United? They simply have our number. 0 points against what is probably the worst team in the division is baffling but let’s think big picture. 10 things I think RIGHT NOW
- It was great to have the boys back. That was an extremely long lay off and there was going to be some rust.
- Surprisingly, we started like a ball of fire and faded as the game grew.
- It’s an away game during the MLS season. Any points picked up are gravy.
- REMINDER – we just need to make the playoffs.
- Follow Up – we are not great on the road so maybe getting a home game matters.
- Our play was SLOW.
- Almiron was good early but had too little influence on the game for his talent.
- Villalba continues to be the most frustrating player I’ve ever watched.
- Fox Sports Broadcast is appreciated but not great. It’s a small thing but the broadcast is more than a minute behind live betting odds. Gargan adds nothing.
- Great to have Martinez back. Let’s hope he shows up next game.
Philly coming up next on Saturday. Another away game. Need at least a point to get Mr. Momentum on our side for the big home stretch.